Thursday 24th May 2018
The Buffalo Centre, Blyth
Connect 5 (Session 1) is a half day introductory course to help you better understand the terminology around mental health, mental wellbeing, and mental illness. You will also learn about local services and resources that enable people to help themselves. You will become confident to offer wellbeing advice within your everyday work or volunteering role.
Connect 5 (Session 1) is open to anyone who has a helping role (work or volunteering). It is an essential foundation for Connect 5 (Sessions 2 and 3)
Learning Outcomes – after taking part on the course you will be able:
- To understand mental health and wellbeing through specific public health models
- To be aware of qualities and attitudes needed for working with mental health and wellbeing
- To improve your skills and confidence to talk with people about their mental health and wellbeing
- To appreciate the value of self-help and understand the resources available to people for this
- To understand how local mental health and wellbeing services support people and how to help people seek support from them
This course is free for NE Youth members and costs £5 for non members.