Team Challenge: Kielder Run Bike Run, help to raise vital funds for NE Youth
10 in stock
Fancy a team challenge? We are looking for teams of three from any organisation to compete against each other at the Active Northumberland Kielder Run Bike Run which follows an almost entirely off-road course around northern Europe’s largest man-made lake, Kielder Water, in Northumberland.
The first run stage takes you on the first 11km* of the Kielder Marathon Course to Transition 1 in Kielder Village.
The next stage sees you take in the North Shore on two wheels, covering 25km* you will return over the impressive Kielder Dam to the South Shore and Transition 2 on the approach to Bull Crag Peninsula. We would recommend mountain bikes, hybrid bikes or cyclocross for the bike section. Traditional road bikes are not suitable.
The final stage is a 6km* run taking in the final stages of the 10k route and the stunning Bull Crag Peninsula and back along the Lakeside Way to the finish at Leaplish Waterside Park.
Enter as a team of three and each complete a stage while raising vital funds for NE Youth. Give yourselves an inventive team name and all competitors will receive free transport to and from transition areas.
- START 1PM
- Medal, tech t-shirt and goody bag for all finishers
- FREE Park & Ride system for all runners. Spectator passes at £3 for the day with shuttle buses to numerous vantage points on the route.
- NE Youth Vest or T-Shirt
- Secure baggage drop
- Post race massage
- Local produce and refreshments
- Prizes for top 3 male and female and overall team
- NE Youth Finishers Goody Bag
- NE Youth prizes
- £30 deposit
- Targeted sponsorship of £300 per team