Projects with Pride 2022 has been sponsored by Perspective (North East) Ltd.
On Wednesday 2nd November 2022, NE Youth hosted the annual Projects with Pride Awards at the Grand Hotel Gosforth Park.
The awards, now in their 11th year, celebrate the achievements of Young People, Youth Projects and Youth Workers across the North East. We had over 400 guests attend, including our Members, Funders, Corporate Supporters and Young People and their Families.
We had a record-breaking 151 nominees this year and every nomination demonstrated incredible commitment, passion and determination to their projects.
The Awards were hosted by NE Youth Staff, Jamie, Amy and Aaron, and featured some incredible performances by Young People from across our Membership Network including True Colours Theatre, The Activity Den, Junior Samba, Sam & Nic and Abbie Bayes. It takes a lot of courage to get on stage and perform and every single Young Person did an amazing job.
We had an independent judging panel consisting of some amazing volunteers from the local business community, including our award sponsors. They had the very difficult task of picking the Winners.
The Winners were:
- Social Action of the Year sponsored by AM Recruitment – B.O.P Fest (Jack Drum Arts)
- Youth Worker of the Year sponsored by Northumberland Estates – Heba Turki (N.E.S.T)
- Young Achiever of the Year sponsored by King Wealth Management – Adrian Balog (Creative Youth Opportunities)
- Young Volunteer of the Year sponsored by RTC North – Tilly Guest (Flying Futures)
- Community Champion of the Year sponsored by Newcastle Building Society – Stephen Davison (Durham Area Youth)
- Volunteer of the Year sponsored by R.W Mann Trust – Kareem Kalthoum (N.E.S.T)
- Trustee of the Year sponsored by the Grand Hotel Gosforth Park – Jeffrey Ball (Rockets Community Foundation)
- Most Improved of the Year sponsored by LionTrust – Buffalo Youth Project (Cowpen Quay Association)
- Outstanding Contribution to Health & Wellbeing, through Sports, Leisure and Culture of The Year sponsored by T3 Security – N.E.S.T
- Partnership of the Year sponsored by Industrial Workwear – Inspire Performance in partnership with South Tyneside Youth Justice Service (South Tyneside Youth Service)
- Project with Pride of the Year sponsored by Perspective (North East) Ltd – Speak out Together (Streetwise Young Peoples Project)
We also continued the trend of awarding the National Keystone Award on the evening, which are awards recognising outstanding voluntary work milestones. This year, the Bronze Award was awarded to Bronwyn Walton (Stepney Bank Stables), recognising an incredible 10 years of committed service. Our Chief Executive, Jon Niblo, also dedicated this Award moving forward to former NE Youth County Secretary / CEO, Nigel Voules, who sadly passed away last month.
Charles Penn, Group Head of Marketing at Perspective said:
“Perspective is very proud to sponsor this event in 2022 – I can’t think of a time when it’s been more important to recognise and showcase the great things young people in the region are doing.
It’s desperately sad that too many of our young people still are having to cope with tough and challenging childhoods – often very close to our own doorsteps.
We, Perspective, are proud to play a small part in giving young people in our region, including school leavers, graduates and those who are still searching for their ideal job, the opportunity to have a challenging and satisfying career in the region and beyond.”
Thank you to our amazing Sponsors, Supporters, Funders, Members and Young People who attended and supported this event. We will see everyone again at Projects with Pride 2023!